If you love camping and backpacking, you know that this experience can be advantageous and a little harrowing. Thankfully, packing the best lighters for camping can ensure that you have a steady campfire to stay warm and cook your foot at night. However, finding the best camping lighters or backpacking lighter requires understanding a few different models and options that may suit you.
What We'll Cover
- What Lighter is Best for Survival?
- What is the Most Reliable Lighter?
- Type of Lighters Ranked on Camping Scenarios
- Zippo vs. Bic Lighters
- Best Camping Lighters
- Best Overall: Zippo Outdoor Lighter
- Best Mid Range: Candle Lighters Electric USB Rechargeable
- Best Value: Bic Multipurpose Lighters
- x-lighter Waterproof Arc Lighter
- RONXS Lighter Electric Lighter
- Outdoor Windproof Lighter
- MEIRUBY Lighter Electric Lighter
- Extremus Blaze 360 Waterproof Lighter
- USB Rechargeable Lighter
- Urgrette Butane Torch Lighter
- Final Tip: Pack a Few of the Best Camping Lighters
What Lighter is Best for Survival?
The best survival lighter has a weather-resistant exterior and an intense flame that doesn't go out quickly. When seeking one, consider the following factors:
- Fluid Type: You can typically choose traditional butane lighters or electric lights. Each has advantages, such as butane providing a direct flame, while electric requires less power.
- Reusability: How often can you use your lighter before getting rid of it? The best lighters are reusable (such as recharging electrical lighter or refillable gas lighter).
- Weather Protection: Try to find a lighter with a strong exterior that resits weather changes, particularly wind and rain.
In our research, we find that an excellent Zippo butane lighter is probably one of the best lighters for camping. It does the job with minimum fuss with a low price and a mighty flame.
Are Zippo Lighters Good for Camping?
Zippo lighters are a remarkable survival lighter and one of the best backpacking lighter options. Lightweight, powerful, compact, and easy to fill, they can also provide many flames before filling them up. They're also the best lighters for camping if you're on a budget due to their price.
Which Lighter Brand is the Best?
The best lighter brand will vary based on what you want from it. For example, Zippo is often considered the best lighter for camping situations. However, Bic also makes fantastic inexpensive options that may be the best lighters for camping in a camper. Other great options include RONXS, x-lighter, ST Dupont, Extremus, and Clipper.
What is the Most Reliable Lighter?
Zippo typically produces one of the most reliable lighters on the market, though Extremus is also very reliable. It all depends on the model you buy. Zippo's windproof lighter is very reliable and resists wind gusts very well. The Extremus Blaze 360 is also very reliable and typically provides a reliable and robust flame.
Type of Lighters Ranked on Camping Scenarios
Here's a table to guide you what would be the best and/or most convenient lighter type depending on different weather scenarios:
|Best Lighter Type
Zippo vs. Bic Lighters
When picking the best lighters for camping, you're probably pulled between the two most popular lighter manufacturers: Bic and Zippo. Bic makes the best camping lighters for those on a budget. Their compact, multi-use lighters should last surprisingly long and provide reliable flames.
Zippos are the best backpacking lighter for a long-term camper because they hold more fuel, produce a stronger flame, and won't experience as many problems with lighting in cold temperatures. Bic lighters don't light well when cold and cannot be refilled.
That said, a Zippo survival lighter may be the best windproof lighter but is more expensive and may experience fuel leakage or evaporation. Bics never evaporate or leak without serious exterior damage. Therefore, it's probably best to bring along both Bics and Zippos when going camping for diversity.
Best Camping Lighters
Best Overall: Zippo Outdoor Lighter
Genuine Zippo windproof lighter with distinctive Zippo "click"
All metal construction; Windproof design works virtually anywhere
Refillable for a lifetime of use; For optimum performance, we recomm...
Zippo is one of the most trusted and reliable lighter manufacturers on the market, and their outdoor model is no different. It provides a windproof experience with an all-metal design that will stay strong in just about any weather condition. It's also compact enough to carry anywhere you go easily.
- The small and compact size
- Reliable and proven performance
- High-quality material
- Hold less lighter fluid than other models
Best Mid Range: Candle Lighters Electric USB Rechargeable
🎆ECO FRIENDLY& USE RECHARGEABLE - No gas, no fluid required. Come with the USB cable, the advanced chip prevents overheating and overcharging, you can use your 1A/2A/3A adaptor to charge this light...
If you want a rechargeable lighter that you don't have to fill with fluid, this option is a great pick. It uses a windproof and flameless lighting method that is perfect for camping, hiking, and backpacking. The included USB cable gives you up to 60-70 lights per charge, which should be more than enough for any camping experience.
- The lock button that prevents accident lighting
- Safer to use than other lighters
- No-spill design uses no fuel
- Some users might struggle with its no-flame design
Best Value: Bic Multipurpose Lighters
Reliable and Safe, child-resistant, 100 percent quality inspected and long-lasting
Long durable metal wand keeps hands away from fire
Retractable hook for convenient storage
Fuel Cartridge made in ...
You get a considerable value for the money you pay for this four-pack collection. Bic is the leading budget lighter manufacturer, and this product shows why. It includes a long metal wand that makes long-distance lighting easier. In addition, the simple and streamlined style makes it easier to pack, and the retractable hook gives it an easy-to-store style.
- A fantastic deal for the price
- Each lighter provides dozens of lights
- Packs come in four different colors
- This model is not windproof
x-lighter Waterproof Arc Lighter
1.Born for Outdoor Survival: IP56 Waterproof Shell, Dual Arc Fire, Lanyard with whistle, Non-skid rubber corner, 220mAh Big Battery Capacity. Every details was improved and you wont regret to have ...
Like many electrical lighters, this model uses a no-fuel design that minimizes spills and makes your lighter safer for the environment. It also includes overheating protection, reducing the risk of short circuits and explosions. In addition, the durable design and robust outer shell will keep this lighter strong for many charges.
- Get dozens of lights with a single charge
- A compact design that fits well into your backpack
- No need to fill it up with fuel
- The battery may lose charge with time
RONXS Lighter Electric Lighter
【Certified Safe】Note: To protect our earth, we have stopped printing oil-based brand logo. Thanks for your understanding in advance. RONXS's leading tech and multi-protect safety system ensure comp...
This lightweight camping lighter includes an arc design with an easy-to-read logo. The LED battery display gives you an accurate estimate of your charge to ensure you don't get surprised by power loss. Expect at least 600 uses on a full charge with this lighter, making it one of the longest-lasting models on our list.
- The long neck makes it very safe to use
- The 360-degree rotation provides maximum coverage
- Wind-resistant and splashproof
- It may be tricky to store in some bags
Outdoor Windproof Lighter
❤️Waterproof Design ▶ waterproof lighter,metal-ring sealed lighter cover and locking clasp,IP56 WATERPROOF SYSTEM,water does not seep inside,no fear of rain,this waterproof lighter is your best cho...
This metal-ring sealed lighter includes a strong cover with a weather-resistant surface that minimizes the risk of your flame going out. The arc design produces concentrated heat that works well for just about any camping experience. Choose this lighter if you plan on a rough outdoor camping experience or a winter hiking extravaganza.
- Multiple colors from which to choose
- An included flashlight for extra utility
- Durable and comfortable lanyard
- The lanyard may require some adjustment
MEIRUBY Lighter Electric Lighter
Upgrade Electric Lighter: The Windproof and Splashproof Design of the electric arc lighter ensures that you can easily use it under any weather conditions.
Not only Candle Lighter: The flexible and...
Electric camping lighters often provide a steadier heat source and more weather protection than fuel-based options. This high-quality lighter provides the steady electrical heat you want with a rotating neck that offers maximum flexibility. You may even adopt this lighter for general use, such as lighting candles in your home.
- Excellent waterproof design
- Long-lasting battery volume
- Compact overall design
- A bit simple compared to other electric lighters
Extremus Blaze 360 Waterproof Lighter
🌧【IPX7 Waterproof System】-Extremus waterproof lighter can start a fire in the most severe weather condition.The plasma arc windproof Lighters works well in rainy day and windy day,it is great for c...
Extremus produces many great models, and this option is an excellent choice for many people. It comes in one of many colors, including green camo and brown, that help it fit into your camping experience. You can get it with a carabiner for easier hauling or save a little money. The solid waterproof design is also safe from the wind.
- It includes a survival whistle and paracord
- A strong lithium ion battery provides 300 uses
- It uses a fireless design
- Make take a bit longer to light than fire-based models
USB Rechargeable Lighter
❤️Waterproof Lighter️ ▶ with metal-ring sealed plasma lighter cover and locking clasp,water does not seep inside,no fear of rain. A cool stuff usb lighter that outdoor enthusiasts must have, can be...
This metal-ring sealed plasma lighter is strong enough to withstand rain and wind and takes just two hours to charge fully. Expect over 100 or more per charge, making this a great lighter for occasional use or when in a serious survival situation. Each model comes with a paracord lanyard that you can adapt to multiple survival situations.
- The very easy-to-use design makes it quick to use
- A fast charging time that works well with solar-powered chargers
- It snaps easily to your backpack for easier storage
- You cannot use it with metal products
Urgrette Butane Torch Lighter
🔥【6 INCH PENCIL TORCH LIGHTER】 6-inch long neck design protect you from burning your hand. You can use it according to the intended applications such as grill, candle, BBQ, camping, baking, solderi...
While electric lighters are a great option for survival situations, butane models are also a good choice. This option is a powerful pen torch perfect for just about any camping or backpacking situation. With a six-inch neck and updated temperature and weather resistance, it should work well for most camping situations.
- Each pack comes with two torches
- The jet flame provides a steady and immediate lighting power
- The flame is robust and long
- It doesn't come with fuel
Final Tip: Pack a Few of the Best Camping Lighters
While you can always bring one lighter when backpacking or camping, getting a few different models is probably a good idea. Trying to bring the best lighters for camping in electric and fuel models for your needs. Having backup survival lighters is a great option, as it will ensure you get a great fire every time. Remember: the best camping lighters are whatever options work best for you.
The responses below are not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any financial entity or advertiser. It is not the advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.